Tuesday, September 1, 2009

Mail Call

Yesterday on returning home from work my first mailing from the 009 society had arrived.
It's interesting to see the difference in society introductory mailings. The EM Gauge society sends a huge wodge of papers in its manual and a CDRom as well. The Scalefour society sends a nice thick folder of papers too.
The 009 is much lighter. Not that that is a bad thing at all. Just a magazine and a letter of introduction and a couple of pages of rules.
The big surprize though was a free Colin Ashby wagon kit! I wasn't expecting that at all. Unfortunately the wheels snapped off at the axles on the wheels and and one wheel and both axles punched their way out of the envelope and got lost in transit on my kit. But that's not an issue, send me replacement and the same would probably happen. I have plenty of Microtrains wheels that I will standardize on for my layout anyway. But I was really impressed with that little extra in the mailing.
So I now consider myself a 009 modeller and a happy one at that.

No comments:

Post a Comment