Monday, August 24, 2009

Cricket, Running and Betws (not necessarily in that order)

First off England won the Ashes!
Those of you who read my 4mmscaleagonies blog will know of my summertime obsession with the greatest game. So yesterday I was pretty happy.
I have also alluded to my passion for marathon running and Sunday was my first 20 mile training run of my current training campaign.
Twenty miles is a long way to run and it takes a few hours 3:18:12 to be exact, so it affords me a good length of time to clear my mind and think about things with no distractions.
Things like scenes I'd like to feature on this layout.
Some kind of station with a small loop and a siding, perhaps two, so that I could shunt some wagons.
A small river bed strewn with rocks and boulders with the water wending its way around them.
A small scene with the tramway running alongside the road.
The layout need some sort of large central feature to hide one side of the layout from the other to help seperate the the scenes from each other. Belfield Hall used a large wall and Ganaraska used a large building. What I'll use I don't know. A tree covered Rocky outcrop perhaps? Mustn't look to contrived however.
This is all good. The creative cogs are turning, visions are forming in my mind . Doubtlessly some sketches will be forthcoming in the near future.

No comments:

Post a Comment