Wednesday, August 19, 2009

The roundtuit

You know I said that I had a round baseboard?
Well I took a closer look at that tonight and it even has a trackplan from the previous scheme scrawled on it. With a bit of thought it might be workable.
Here we are then. At the front we'd have a small station with a passing loop long enough for a Peebles loco and 3 coaches, that would be approx 16-18" long I think. With room in front for a goods yard of a couple of sidings perhaps. Exactly what would happen on the way to the rear of the layout is uncertain. But at the rear you can see 2 lines go off the edge of the basebaord. That will be the access point for a couple of train cassettes to get the trains onto the layout. It's an interesting starting point to get me thinking some more...

No comments:

Post a Comment